Friday, April 25, 2014

iOS Game Hackathon

MakeGamesWithUs had their first hackathon last weekend hosted at Apportable.

2 Floors and 28 hours of Hacking

The hackathon began with team formations and a quick introduction to SpriteBuilder. Tutorial authors of MakeGamesWithUs and SpriteBuilder Developers were on hand to provide tech support.

Hackers at Apportable

MakeGamesWithUs

MakeGamesWithUs has online tutorials to get you started making mobile games with SpriteBuilder as well as a summer program to teach you in person.

SpriteBuilder 

SpriteBuilder is a game development suite for building mobile games that is free to download on the Mac App Store. It uses Cocos2D and adds a visual editor similar to Xcode's Storyboard. SpriteBuilder also includes tools to make sprites and animations.

Apportable

Apportable allows you to create an Android app with your Objective-C code. When I made my first iPhone game, I also wanted an Android version, so I used a cross-platform SDK. With Apportable, using a cross-platform SDK or rewriting the game in Java for Android isn't necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment